Membership Engagement can be defined as a continuous, long term interaction between a member and an organization, wherein the member receives meaningful information and/or value. Sounds easy enough but it’s one of the surest ways companies, like yours, are missing the opportunity for customer retention and membership management. At eCard Transactions, we know how to efficiently solve your membership payments issues. We want to be a partner with you. We don’t just want to avoid failed payments and recover payments for you. We want to partner with you to make your business run better. Membership Management is one of the easiest ways to get to know your customers better.
Here are 5 ways to increase your membership engagement:
- Offer New Member Incentives!
Not just another welcome email. You know you don’t read those emails! Offering new member incentives will get their attention! Offer a free service, a discount, a free class or merchandise to your new members if they….
- Answer some questions (to learn about your member)
- Take an online tour of website and resources
- Engage in social media platforms with your organization
- Personalize Your Service/Experience to Each Member
Utilize the new member survey, create a survey for your renewal members, create a long term member survey, and then UTILIZE that info to understand your members and what they need or want from you!
- Build Your Community – Online
Having a social media presence is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to engage your members.
- Each social media option has its own type of follower, which allows you to engage with possibly 3-4 different types of members with the same post or commentary.
- Social Media allows your members to not only communicate with you but also with each other. This gives you the opportunity to see what your members are liking and not liking, so that you can engage, retain and keep your members!
- Membership Renewal Communication
You can’t keep everybody! Realize that. Learn from it. Utilize it.
- If a member truly wants to cancel their membership, an exit survey MUST be completed. This gives your organization the chance to learn from each lost member and it may give you an opportunity to fix it and retain that member as well. Sometimes the reason they are leaving can be fixed, and you can save that member.
- When renewal is up, offer discounted rates for your active or long term members. Remember, it will cost your organization 4x more to gain a new member than to retain an existing member.
- Your Billing is important To Your Members!
You can offer the most amazing services or products with the best customer service, but if your billing doesn’t work or isn’t easy to use at renewal, you’re going to lose
members. Having failed payment recovery ensures you don’t lose a member due to a failed payment. Intelligent billing can offer you reasons of declines such as expired card and you know exactly how to communicate and engage with that member. In order to avoid failed payments, billing MUST BE foolproof and trusted! That’s where eCard systems come in!
eCard Transactions is your one stop payment suite for your business. We empower businesses, of all sizes, to take charge of their cash flow through customer retention. We want to talk with you to find out how we can help your business thrive!